February 13, 2018 – 9:00AM-11:00AM
Deliverance Temple Worship Center
232 Columbia Road, Dorchester, MA 02121
Topic: Criminal Justice
Free parking at the nearby:
Lilla G. Frederick Pilot Middle School Field,
270 Columbia Rd, Boston, MA 02121
Free for Members
$5 fee for Non-members
Fit Church/Fit Community (FC/FC) is an initiative of the (BMA) to partner with local congregations based in target urban neighborhoods to improve health outcomes for residents of their immediate neighborhood. To do this, the local congregations will implement strategies in the community that will focus on: (1) improving eating habits (2) increasing physical activity, and (3) promoting regular access to health care resources.
FC/FC COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
- He/she will recruit and/or engage 8-12 churches from the BMA network to participate in programming that will focus on the three goals/outcomes of FC/FC.
- He/she will work with 8-12 Church Representatives on creating specific strategies to help each congregation and surrounding community reduce health disparities. This includes helping develop a calendar of fitness activities and/or health education classes depending on each churches respective needs and the needs of their specific community.
- He/she will develop a program report to administer to participating churches to ensure program goals are being achieved. An annual program report of all the church/community efforts will need to be developed and distributed to grant funders.
- He/she will oversee 8 community health fairs that each respective church will be coordinating. The Coordinator will manage reporting and any funding needs of each church.
- He/she will coordinate with our community health program partners to attend our community health fairs and maintain current partnerships, while building new community health partnerships based on the needs of the churches.
- He/she will attend monthly Cancer Disparity Network meetings on the first Thursday night of each month, and if funding is available the Healthy Churches conference.
- He/she will work with the Director of Development to secure additional grant funding.
For more information about the job or to apply, please click on the full job description: FC.FC.JOB DESCRIPTION
It’s time to get healthy in 2018! The BMA is partnering with Oldways African Heritage & Health to offer free healthy eating classes with cooking demonstration. (See flyer below.) Feel free to attend a community cooking session or for more information on how your church can offer this five week nutrition education class please contact Amy Malkemes.